Welcome to Bryn's Blog

Scroll down through my latest work, or navigate through the categories on the right hand side.

Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

Barker's Pool, Sheffield

My take on the Lib Dem Conference in Sheffield in 2011. There was quite a lively crowd outside the City hall with a lot of shouting but it seemed good natured with some police officers amongst the crowd chatting away to all comers. The beautiful red curtain walled building on the right is one I helped to detail in 1985(ish) during my career as an architect. It is my only painting with a political slant - I didn't create the placards - I just used the ones that were  most apt!The reason I'm posting it today is because there's an enlarged image of the painting now on display at the New Market on the Moor in Sheffield until 7th July. There are also 6 of my paintings on display at the Great Sheffield Art Show tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday in the Octagon at the University.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment